Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Grand Canyon

My first trip to the Grand Canyon was unfortunately so early on in my life that I have no recollection of it all. However, 19 years later I finally made another trip. Walking up to Mather Point on the South Rim and watching the huge expanse open up in front of me is something I will never forget. Since then I have gone back two more times, and I plan on going back as many times as I can. With it's endless trails, climbing, and beautiful scenery, I can't imagine ever getting tired of being there. In my dream of life after photography I'll make it a must on the list of places to be a campground host.

On a side note, I shot mostly 120 film up while up at the Canyon, with my early 1950's Ansco Deluxe. While shooting I couldn't help imagining a time when the park was filled with people shooting the same old bellows cameras and Kodak Brownies. I'm currently waiting on that film to be processed. But in the mean time here is a digital one to hold you over.

Enjoy
Tyler Gates
Good Life Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment