Friday, March 5, 2010

Maybe its the Libra part of me...

But I've spent the past 2 years(about) since graduating trying to weigh out my options for work. I keep going back and forth between continuing to pursue photography full out and as my only means of work, and trying to get a job in the outdoors industry that will allow me to continue to shoot. I'm constantly going back and forth. One day I spend researching jobs, and certificate programs for teaching rock climbing, or guiding back packing trip. The next day I'll spend researching magazines and websites that I could contribute to and emailing photographers for assistant work.

Either way, I'm not sure Tucson is the place. It's infinitely better than Philly for what I want to do, but it's still not all the way there. For all of the amazing outdoor opportunities available here in such a short distance there seems to be a relatively little market for it. There is only one outdoor sports outfitter here! They have two locations, and are pretty good, but that is crazy. There is an REI opening soon too, but still.

I'm not sure what the next step is, but in the mean time I need to start shooting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment