Friday, March 26, 2010

Gear Head

Warning: this post is neither photo nor travel related, hah.

So for those of you who don't know me, I'm a huge gear head. I love research and comparisons, and I love knowing as much about a subject as I can. It's definitely part of why I love photography and I'm sure it helps with climbing too. Either way, I've read a few of the write ups from Black Diamond's Quality Assurance guy, Kolin Powick, but my friend Kyle recently introduced me to this page of archived short write ups. None of them are official conclusions, answers, or suggestions, but they definitely cover a lot of questions I've had for awhile about climbing gear. Since most of us don't have a fully stocked lab to test gear, it's cool that Kolin has taken the time to share his findings with the rest of us. His lab is like the Mythbusters of climbing gear, only less explosions, I'm jealous. So thanks Kolin for all your helpful tests and write ups!

Follow this to get there:
http://web3.bdel.com/scene/beta/qc_kp_archive.php


-Tyler
Good Life Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment